Re: [TR] setting the float level on a SU H6

To: "'Paul Dorsey'" <dorpaul@negia.net>, "'list Triumph'"
Subject: Re: [TR] setting the float level on a SU H6
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:20:40 -0800
> When setting the float level on the SU H6 carb, the manual
> says to pass a
> 7/16" rod between the float level aluminum forked lever and
> the inverted lid.
> However, when this is done does this mean the needle
> completely shuts off
> (with the mimicing of fuel by one's breath).  Or does it
> mean, 'that at
> 7/16"ths the fuel level just  begins to stop' or other?

Paul, I don't actually think it's all that critical.  Small errors in float
level don't seem to cause a problem.

But I take it to mean that the valve should be closed (unable to blow
through it), with the fork dragging on the rod (on both sides).

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

http://www.team.net/donate.html

Triumphs@autox.team.net