Re: [TR] Hard to find bits for TR3/TR4 to bring back from the UK?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Hard to find bits for TR3/TR4 to bring back from the UK?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:18:08 -0800
> I lost it to
> the Lufthansa boys though after 911 in Frankfurt because they
> said it could be used as a weapon.

Those boys in Frankfurt have always been zealous ... many years before 9-11,
I went through there with a large travel-case packed with computer
paraphernalia, including a protocol analyzer and some 9-track tapes; plus my
usual suitcase of clothes, etc.  Was very tired (it had been a long trip),
so when they asked me if there was any electronic equipment in my suitcase,
it never dawned on me that they meant the travel case !

I was hustled by some armed, burly men to a very small building some
distance out on the tarmac from the airport, and put in a room with my
travel case and a very nervous looking guard on the other side of a 2" thick
Plexiglas wall.  Then told (by loudspeaker) to open the case and show the
contents to the guard.

After that, they chided me for holding up the plane !

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

http://www.team.net/donate.html

Triumphs@autox.team.net