Re: [TR] [6pack] TR6 timing Chain Tensioner Question

To: <johnehorton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] [6pack] TR6 timing Chain Tensioner Question
From: "Tony Gordon" <triumph@2simpleusa.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 00:14:09 -0500
Thanks.  Just looked at one and it is more substantial than the TR6 one, and
although it would need to be fitted inside the cover somehow, it looks like a
better solution.  I think I recall that the old BMC A series tensioners
operated in a similar manner (but I might be wrong).  Do you know if it has
spring function to supplement the initial tension setting ... and finally, the
big question, do you know of anyone who has used one in a '6?

Tony Gordon
72 TR6