Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 1, Issue 360

To: "Wayne Lee" <motorcarriage@charter.net>, "Triumph List"
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 1, Issue 360
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:55:14 -0600
Wayne Lee wrote:

>I think the Wankel Engines would of had to have been  licensed by NSU. They
> were the ones who owned the rights that the old Mazdas were licensed from.
> Mazda probably bought the rights to license others since though. When we
> had
> the NSU franchise they had the Wankle Spyder and the RO80 Sedan in the
> 60-early 70's.

I always thought the Ro80 was a really nice looking car, but I guess it had
reliability problems with rotor seals, like many of the early Wankels.  It's
referenced in the following article - I particularly like the caption to the
picture!

http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?welosef.htm

Mike

http://www.vtr.org