[TR] TR3A OD A and J type

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A OD A and J type
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:12:44 EST
I am about to install a J type overdrive on my 3A which has a 4  tranny.
Given that my tranny has the necessary 'dimple' on the 1/2 shift  fork for OD
function in 2 gear is there any reason that I am overlooking that  the switch
could not be installed in the cover for both the 1/2 shift fork and  the 3/4
shift fork so that the OD would work like an A?  As you may  note by the
commission number my car origianally had OD but somewhere along a
'restoration' it
got removed.
Please hold off on the tranny mount issues.  I am aware and have  worked that
out.
TIA

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L