[TR] VW rotated rad

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] VW rotated rad
From: Brian Jones <banc8004@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:58:27 -0500
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: [TR] radiator on it's side?

I've got a friend with a (like-new) VW radiator.  It's dimensions are
correct
to fit my TR3 IF it's turned on it's side (90 degrees).  Could I use it?
===============

Paul: if rotated 90 degrees, where will the filler opening end up?
Where will the inlet and outlet hoses have to reach? Can you use
standard hoses from a TR, or from any car? Can it be drained?

Too many questions, to my mind. I'd stick with a stock radiator,
personally.

Brian Jones
1963 TR4
Valley Forge PA