[TR] Rear Springs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Rear Springs
From: "PBieling" <bielings@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:56:00 -0500
Horaay!  I was able to remove the front pin of
the rear springs using the method of drilling the 3/8ths hole thru the rocker
panel.
Nobody mentioned there are three layers of sheetmetal
so you have to be careful with alignment to the pin.
I cut remainder of the broken spring away. Then I  cut and removed the silent
block.
After heating the pin with a propane torch I was able to drive the pin out
unharmed.
I guess I am going to enjoy fall driving afterall. Thank you to all on the
list.
Pete Bieling

TR3a  # TS23196
'77 Mercedes 6.9