Re: [TR] TR2-3 steering worm installation, now R&P

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2-3 steering worm installation, now R&P
From: "Bob Westerdale" <Bob.Westerdale@ametek.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:36:23 -0500
Re: Rack and pinion conversion-
I did it a decade (+)  ago, and it was a very significant improvement to
the car's demeanor.
In a side by side R&P/worm-peg comparison,   it is a winner,  regardless
of whether the Worm&Peg  is old or rebuilt.
However, if the originality factor is more important than driving
pleasure,  well, you get my drift....
regards,
Bob Westerdale
59 3A TS36967

Alan & Lyn Dunscombe <dunscomb@chch.planet.org.nz>
Sent by: triumphs-bounces+bob.westerdale=ametek.com@autox.team.net
11/03/2007 03:02 AM

triumphs@autox.team.net
cc

Subject
was TR2-3 steering worm installation

Come on Randall,
If, as I suspect, you are rebuilding your new TR3 project then stop
mucking
around with worms & pegs - "bite the bullet" and put in a good rack&
pinion
conversion.

In my 25 years of owning TS3612 the single most impressive improvement I
made was converting to rack & pinion steering several years ago. The
troubles involved in getting a good setup with the original design, let
alone maintaining it, are well documented on the list, and lets face it
Triumph fixed it themselves in the TR4.

http://www.vtr.org

http://www.team.net/donate.html

Triumphs@autox.team.net