Re: [TR] (no subject)

To: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, TR List
Subject: Re: [TR] (no subject)
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:56:29 -0400
I don't see any obvious issues on this one...unlike the video of the other
car.

It's missing (or i don't see) the charcoal canister...and probably the
anti-run on valve...just guessing cus it's all kinda tied together.  As far as
paint goes...hard to tell form pics.  Makes you wonder what the original color
was?
The engine compartment doesn't look quite as shiny as the rest of the car.

Cheers,

Todd

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Triumph-TR6-Roadster-Beautiful-British-Co
> nvertible_W0QQitemZ110185473663QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110185473663
>
> He would be dealing in person with the seller after the auction ends, thus
> being able to drive the car, have a competent mechanic examine it, etc.
>
> I mentioned to him the common problem areas I have heard about on 6's
(thrust
> washers, trailing arms, broken diff mounts) and of course mentioned several
> times to check everywhere for rust &/or rust repair.
>
> He has reviewed the various Buying Guides on the VTR site and elsewhere.
>
> Just looking at the listing it appears the color is non-original (though I
> have to say it is striking color in the pics) and that the tires seem
pretty
> skinny for a TR6 (165x15). It does not have Overdrive which he thinks is
okay
> but which I think he'll lust for eventually.
>
> Obviously someone has gone to a lot of trouble to detail the car for sale
and
> all cars can be 95-pointers with digitial photography, but I would
appreciate
> any comments on the car as presented -- whether red flags or just items
that
> should be considered or used as bargaining points.
>
> Thanks for any & all help.
>
> Geo

> http://www.vtr.org
>
> http://www.team.net/donate.html
>
> Triumphs@autox.team.net

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power.