Re: [TR] Adjusting valves on a TR6

To: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Adjusting valves on a TR6
From: kinderlehrer@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:08:24 +0000
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
> To adjust the valves on my '74 TR6, I need a way to turn the engine over.
> Short of removing the radiator, I don't see a way to get to the front of the
> fan to do this.  Any ideas for another method of getting the motor to go
> around slow enough?

You could jack up one rear wheel, and with the trans in 4th, turn the wheel by
hand. Or, if you have the room, push the whole car forward a few inches in 4th
gear.  But I think most people just hit the starter for a second (easy on a TR3
with the button on the solenoid, don't know if TR6's have that or not).
Bob