[TR] trailing arm shims

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] trailing arm shims
From: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:25:37 -0400
Good day to all. I am in the process of reassembling the rear suspension on
my '74 and have a question. Can anyone tell me what the thickness is, in
thousandths, of the trailing arm shims? I am trying to 'rust proof' as I
tackle projects, so I took the shims to work, had them vibed, and then run
through our plater. They have been plated, as well as had a rust proofer
applied to them. Now, I am concerned that I may have unintentionally
increased their thickness, and will mess up the settings if I install the
same number of shims that I removed. With that in mind, I'd like to know the
thickness of the shims so I can replace them with the same thickness as
removed. I hope all of this makes sense and that you are following me.
Anyone that can help would earn my thanks and respect. Thanks to all that
reply. I'm at jrmcarthur@verizon.net, if you would like to reply offlist.
Many thanks!.....Jim McArthur