[TR] TR3a speedometer cable routing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3a speedometer cable routing
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 01:11:25 -0400
This is for a post 60K LHD car.
I've added o/d and am installing the longer cable. (Looked in the
archives and was surprised to not find what I need.)
I have the cable coming out of the speedo, through the firewall, and know it
is supposed to be clamped in front of the battery, but not sure just where
it drops down before curving back to go through the frame.
Does it go inboard or outboard of the throttle linkage? If outboard, does it
go past the heater hose inlet before it drops?
As it sits right now (inboard of the throttle linkage) it looks athough it
could flop over against the exhaust.
Thanks,
Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org