[TR] TR3A clutch fixed!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A clutch fixed!
From: KingsCreekTrees@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:21:20 EDT
Hi Everyone;

You may have seen my question of yesterday regarding my TR3A that suddenly
developed a firm clutch pedal and a slipping clutch.

I was very worried I've have to take the gearbox out; I don't have time for
that right now. I also did not think it could be as a result of adjustment, as
 the symptom happenned so suddenly.

Anyway, the TR Doctor (thanks Sam!) suggested adjustment of the clutch
master cylinder rod. This is the rod that connects to the top of the pedal. It
was
a very easy adjustment; the whole operation took less than five minutes and
it cured the problem.

So, if you experience a very firm pedal and a slipping clutch, go for
adjusting that rod first!

Tim
TR3A built Oct. '57, TS22930LO
'65 Volvo PV544 Sport
'51 Chev 3-ton
'91 Mustang convertible
'60 Inept Owner

Tim Dyer,  Proprietor
Kings Creek Trees
427 Kings Creek Road, RR3
Ashton, Ontario,  K0A 1B0, Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association of Green Industry
 professionals) and the Canadian Nursery Landscape  Association

===     http://www.vtr.org