[TR] TR3 front suspension

To: "British cars list" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, " Triumph list"
Subject: [TR] TR3 front suspension
From: "Mike Denman" <mikedenman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:16:17 -0800
Has anyone ever replaced the front lower  "a" arm fulcrum pin (Moss part#
031-703... this is the inner pivot pin for the bottom front a-arm that is
welded into place on the frame. Mine is really screwed up (along with most of
the front suspension) and I would like to hear from anyone who has ever
replaced this part. Just to make things interesting for myself, I want to
replace the item with the body in place. It certainly looks like it can be
done although it will undoubtedly be a *%#*&$ to get the old piece out. I have
a fully equipped shop... MIG,TIG,Gas, Plasma, grinders, saws, Lathe,
Bridgeport Mill etc. etc. so tools and equipment shouldn't be an issue. So if
anyone has ever tackled this job please let me learn from your experience
(both good and bad).
Thanks,
Mike Denman
TR 3