[TR] fan eliminator kit--installing without removing radiator

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] fan eliminator kit--installing without removing radiator
From: "Mitch R. Meisler" <mrm@clking.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:47:19 -0400
i bought a fan eliminator kit
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/eliminator.htm, so i can replace my tr6
fan with an electric unit.

i've heard that it's possible to install it without removing the
radiator, but trying to figure out how to get a wrench in to the gap
between the radiator and the plastic fan last night made me wonder how.
Have any of you installed one of these without removing your radiator??
if so, how??  i know it wouldn't be a big deal to remove my radiator,
but since i just flushed and replaced fluids at the beginning of the
season, and installed a stainless steel shroud, i'd rather not if i
don't have to.

thanks in advance

Mitch Meisler

===     http://www.vtr.org