[TR] Home Power Magazine: Solar | Wind | Water | Design | Build

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Home Power Magazine: Solar | Wind | Water | Design | Build
From: William Brewer <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:53:19 -0700
Hi Fred,
      The Home Power has hit the list before. I am not sure why you
posted it.
      I used to live "off the grid" in a solar powered wood heated
home that I designed and built with my own hands. I thought that it
would be wonderful, but unfortunately it was not to be. Within weeks
of moving in, neighbors moved in with a mobile home that they got for
free. They dug a pit for a septic tank and began raising pitbulls.
The dealt drugs and most of the family members kept guns in their
pockets. They ran a generator in their front yard 24 hours a day. It
was like having your neighbor mowing his lawn 24 hours a day outside
your bedroom window. The worst part was that they weren't the only
ones. I had moved to an area that attracted lunatic druggies.
      Anyway, I was in a nightmare with no solution. I quietly sold
my house for less than I had in it and moved to a gated community
with CCR's.
      Some points to consider:

      If you move to the remote mountains so you can live in a solar
powered house, your neighbors will move in because they can run a
generator 24 hours a day.
      If you move to the mountains because you like trees, you will
get neighbors that move in that like all the firewood that they can
cut down on other peoples property.
      If you love the wildlife, your neighbors will love shooting them.
      If you think that you will live alone and do your own thing,
your neighbors will be hiding out from the law doing their own thing.
      Caveat emptor my friend.

      I sold my house to a guy that had 666 tattoed on his eyelids.

      Bill Brewer
      Bear Valley Springs, near Tehachapi, California.