[TR] Door Gap

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Door Gap
From: "Robert L. Jones" <rjones@wfeca.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:57:30 -0500
My 1974 TR6 has a wider upper door gap than I would like, about 10 mm. I
can't remember how wide it was when it was new but I don't believe that
much. I would like to get it to around 5 or 6 mm like the gap for the front
of the door. I have been thinking about how I can fix it. My first idea was
to loosen all the back half body bolts and stick a shim or two, thereby
squeezing the top a little closer together while leaving the bottom about
the same, Then I though about the rear bumper and how it attaches to the
frame.

Anybody else had this problem and fixed it without a body off?

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org