Re: [TR] TR3A Door Handles

To: "Andy" <Andy.dixon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Door Handles
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:50:59 -0400
On Wednesday 06 June 2007 07:30 am, Andy wrote:
> As usual, nothing is as easy as it seems.
> Trying to remove the door handles; nuts removed; clips removed; shafts
> don't want to slide out of the mechanism.
> Am I missing something?
> Andy

Andy,

No you are not! The handle - mechanism fit is very tight.

When I replaced my handles a few years ago I had to manufacture a "puller" to
pull the mechanism off the handle. This puller works like a hub puller. The
pulling action actually pushed the handle through the mechanism.

Due to the limited space, it was a real PITA to get it to work but finally got
the handle off.

The handle on the right door came right off with no problem!

When I replaced the new handles, I used plenty of anti sieze. I believe the
mechanism part is made of alloy and was corroded.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org