RE: [TR] Car Club Question

To: "'marty sukey'" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Car Club Question
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:12:33 -0400
Hi Marty,

As David Lylis already wrote, you'll definitely want to incorporate your
club and purchase liability insurance AND officer's insurance from either
Hagerty (www.hagerty.com) or, if your club is a VTR chapter, from VTR's
insurance underwriter (less expensive than Hagerty in most cases).

Any event appearing on your club's Calendar of Events will be covered EXCEPT
for timed moving events.  So that excludes any damage or injury that may
occur to participating VEHICLES or PARTICIPANTS in a TSD rally or autocross
event for example.

Incidentally, while we're on the topic, it is very likely that your own
insurance on your collector car has the same exclusions, so any incidents
occurring during an autocross or TSD will NOT be covered.  This is true of
both Hagerty and VTR's underwriter's policies for collector cars.

Cheers,
Blake J. Discher

===     http://www.vtr.org