Re: [TR] Overdrive oil leak

To: jmitch@snet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Overdrive oil leak
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 01:26:04 -0500
 John,

 On my 4 speed gearbox I did something similar. I was able to loosen the rear
housing enough to slide it forward about a 1/4 inch or maybe a little more. I
used a product called "The Right Stuff" without a gasket and sealed it back up.
I didnt have any leaks and it was amazing how well it looked when I took apart
that gearbox to add an overdrive to it. I was so impressed that I used it when
I rebuilt the gearbox and added the overdrive. I cant report on how well it is
working on the new OD added gearbox since I havent installed it yet but it did
work on the old gearbox.

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)