[TR] TR3a split steering column alignment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3a split steering column alignment
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:57:43 -0500
On installing the upper portion of the steering column in the passenger
compartment (I mean the outer part within which the actual column rotates),
how do you align it with the lower part with the steering box?
I peered down the length of it having a light at the far end, which so far
tells me I am way off. Is that about it, or is there a more sophisticated
approach?
TIA,
Jim
TS81417