[TR] Friday Funny on Saturday - Idiot Light Needed (Adult Parent

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Friday Funny on Saturday - Idiot Light Needed (Adult Parent
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:52:24 -0500
So, here I am on Saturday attaching my TR3A passenger door. Everything up to
this point almost to good to be true. Sure enough, like always having 1 nut,
screw or whatever messing everything up, this door just will not close and
snap shut. Fiddled with it for about 1 hour and then took a mental break.
Yesterday, I tell a friend with a TR3 about my concern with my newly rebuilt
tranny and the difficult time I am having getting it into reverse. Forward
gears work great, reverse forget it. Worst part, tunnel and all the goodies
are in, so it looked like I would only be going forward. (done that before) He
said to me, "son, you know you have to lift up on the shifter before putting
it in reverse, you do know that". Why sure I said. (wrong) Ran out in the
garage at 10:30 PM and it shifts right into reverse as slick as ......... I
think idiot light required here, but I digress. Back to the door. Anyway, I
get back in the garage and check everything over again. Everything looks fine.
Now if I had an idiot light, it would be flashing brightly warning that you
don't attach and line up doors with the car up on 4 jack stands. Removed the
stands, and close the door with a little click. :o) So my question, where does
the idiot go. I know I am the only one who does this stuff. Maybe that is why
there are no real idiot lights on TR3's, or are there?
Alex

===     http://www.vtr.org