[TR] TR3's unadjustable A-post to door gap?

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3's unadjustable A-post to door gap?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:09:33 -0500
One of the things i've picked up is the door gaps are very important to get
right when starting body work.  However, when I 'offer-up' the TR3's door for
checking the gap on both sides, I find the door gap at the A-post to really be
'unadjustable'.  Neither the A-post nor the B-post has ever been removed from
my car.  One could shim the door or front fender but is that asking for more
trouble?
              It seems peculiar to me to primarily adjust only the door's gap
where it meets the b-post.  I've heard 'to raise the A-post from under the car
so that so that you allow for the scuddle to drop 1/4 to 1/2" (I hope this
opens up the door gap just below the scuttle (or windshield).  That gap is
non-existant at the forward point where it meets 3 panels (door, scuttle and
fender) however, spreads 1/4" open gap as it heads for the cockpit.
            No welding has been done yet, I'm still planning.

===     http://www.vtr.org