[TR] shimming the TR3's door?

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] shimming the TR3's door?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:21:01 -0500
I am begining the process of hanging my driver's door onto the body of my TR3.
Since no sills are attached, both A-post and B-post are wobbly.  At this time,
I am just seeking to establish a 'true-and-correct-seam' to check for
plumbness.  Since neither side's A-post nor B-post's have been altered in ANY
way, I believe the A-post will serve this purpose.  I will simply mount the
door's hinges up to the A-post to establish a 'true-vertical-line'.  Although
I should not need them, did the factory use shims between the door and A-post
hinge?

I have the "How to Restore a TR3" manual, but, the British-speak is sometimes
confusing.

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org