[TR] TR6 Distributor Removal

To: "'Triumph Email List'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Distributor Removal
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:21:10 -0500
I'm about to remove my distributor and want to make sure I'm going about it
correctly. I have the rotor pointing at #1 terminal and the timing mark is
at TDC. Does that mean I've got the engine set with #1 cylinder in firing
mode as opposed to exhaust mode? Or do I have to feel for the combustion
pressure by putting my finger over the #1 sparkplug hole as I turn the
engine over?

If I look down at my distributor I see: 1. horizontal clamp pinch bolt, 2.
the bolt you loosen to adjust the timing and 3. 2 nuts on a vertical stud on
either side of the distributor down at the bottom.

Haynes says to not touch the "clamp pinch bolt". Then Haynes says to remove
the "body clamp bolt & 2 washers" which holds the distributor clamp plate to
the side of the drive pedestal. So the one bolt that goes through the
clamping plate assembly is the only thing holding the distributor to the
engine?

The last distributor I pulled was in '78 out of my Suburban and all I
remember doing is marking the rotor position relative to the distributor
body.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Danielson