RE: [TR] TR3A distributor help needed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A distributor help needed
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:36:49 -0800
> <<Make sure you have the wire that connects to the points on top of  the
> insulator.  It sounds like you have the hot wire and/or the  condenser wire
> under the nylon insulator which is  grounded.>>

> The wires are insulated from the spring and therefore 1/2 the contact  points
> as it is supposed to be.

This is all exactly backwards !  It is the post in the center, and the nut on
top, that are grounded.  The wires are _supposed_ to connect to the spring,
which is also the connection to the moving point.  The fixed point is grounded
through the point plate & that little ground wire I mentioned; thus when the
points are closed, they ground both the coil terminal and the condensor.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org