Re: [TR] Fuzzy door strip

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuzzy door strip
From: mrv8q@aim.com
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:02:07 -0500
-
   Help,
I am in the process of installing the interior. I am at the point of
attaching
the side panels on each side of the foot well. I believe that fuzzy
strip goes
up the A post and the B post. How far up does each go. I would assume
that the
B post goes to the cap rail and behind the 1/4 panel. Does the A post
go all
the way up following the curve and terminate at the dash.I am aware that
rubber molding goes here also. How is the fuzzy strip attached?
TIA,
Alex

Hello, Alex, you're right, the seal goes up the "A" post, and terminates
behind the dash cap; ISTR I doubled it over, under the dash cap rail,
and there
was a tack nail of some sort there that I reused. Between the screws on
the
interior panel, and 3M adhesive, it worked fine. As far as the "B"
post, again
there were tack nails there that I reused. When you get to the top,
you'll want to
have at least 1-2 inches extra. You'll want to snip the rubber moulding
inside,
to allow you to double over at a 90 degree angle, and tuck behind the
interior panel.
Hope that helps!

Best, Kevin Browne
'59TR3A #58370L