[TR] Wider wheel rim widths (again!)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Wider wheel rim widths (again!)
From: KingsCreekTrees@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:49:24 EST
Hi everyone;

I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death in the past, so I'm sorry to
bring it up again.

For some time, I've been wanting to upgrade my 60-spoke, 4.5-inch wide wire
wheels on my TR3 to the 72-spoke, 5.5-inch wide wires from a TR6. This is
mainly  so I can fit a wider tire for increased emergency avoidance/braking,
etc.
I know  of several people who've done this and it's a common upgrade in the UK
for road  and competition.

I've just been offered a set of Dayton wire wheels for a TR6, but they are
6-inch wide rims by 15-inch. Has anyone fitted this width of  rim before? I'd
like to find out if there have been any clearance issues. I  can't see it being
a problem, but I don't want to take the plunge and find they  don't fit.
Unfortunately, they're located a long way from my home, so they'll be
freighted
to me with no chance of a refund if they don't fit.

Thanks!

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Proprietor
Kings Creek Trees