[TR] Craig's TR4 Re: Mail System Error - Returned Mail

To: cbfoch@charter.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Craig's TR4 Re: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:39:49 EST
Hi Craig,
Not sure if you're getting my messages or not, so sending it to TRList.
I saw a freshly painted red TR4 Ct222xx (or thereabouts) at a Brit repair
shop in Hayward CA just weeks after I had talked to someone (you?) about it on
the internet ... several years ago (but then lost the then awaiting new owner's
email address. My computer crashed before I could tell him his freshly painted
red TR4 had the front driverside wheel broken off and it had been shipped to
a Hayward CA shop to have the A-arm pivot shaft (the heavy shaft that runs
through the spring tower assembly) welded back on. It also had a fresh
gouge/swipe in the new fender paint the size of golfball behind front wheel
well. I
asked welder how the heck could that heavy shaft be sheared off and he said it
was
rammed by a fork lift at Triumphs Only. I had wanted to alert the 'owner in
waiting' to check everything very carefully ie; the rearmost A-arm 'shaft'
repair on front drivers side suspension.. before taking delivery .. because it
seemed iffy and I wondered if steering, camber, alignment, etc would be
regained.
But I had a major computer crash and lost 3 years of data.
Let me know if you get this message - if you bought a red TR4 CT222xx about 3
years ago from TRsOnly and if we must communicate through the TRlist. My AOL
setup email preferences says I can send and receive emails to/from anybody so
I don't now what the problem is in getting emails directly from you..
Sorry about the troubling news if this is your car.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

===     http://www.vtr.org