RE: [TR] Radiator stays

To: "John Gillis" <jgillis@tcd.ie>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Radiator stays
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:49:45 -0800
> The rods are threaded at one end and flattened out at
> the other and have a slight bend in the middle of the bar. Can
> someone tell me for which purpose these bars were intended, or did
> Triumph really use the same item for both?

The radiator stays are not identical to the crank guide stays.  As I recall, the
crank guide stays have the flattened end bent at a definite angle to the body of
the stay (roughly 30 degrees), while the radiator stay is almost straight.  The
crank guide stay is also thinner at the flattened end, and doesn't have a bend
in the middle.  (The bend in the middle is so the radiator stay will clear the
top of the horns, and so goes up.)  Radiator stays are the same on both sides,
while I believe the crank guide stays are different.

Of course, that doesn't mean your eBay sellers know that.  They might well have
sold you the same stays for both purposes.

BTW, Revington TR at least had the factory SPC (with some additions) available
on their website.  It seems to be down at the moment, but might be back soon.
http://www.revingtontr.com

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org