RE: [TR] TR4 Distributor replacement

To: "'Lee&John Howard'" <leejohn7@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR4 Distributor replacement
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:13:18 -0400
 John,
Another option might be the 123 Ignition system
(http://www.123ignition.nl/brand/Triumph.html) I talked to the Mini guys at
the British Invasion  and they swear by this distributor. However, I've yet
to find any Triumph person with one installed, probably due to the fact that
you need to convert your tach from mechanical to electric. Does the Mallory
conversion work with a mechanical tach?

The 123 distributor is about $400 as I recall. The Gauge Guys will convert
your existing  tach for about $350 though others on the list have less
costly suggestions.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org