Re: [TR] TR3 Dimmer switch

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Dimmer switch
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:27:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: twakeman@razzolink.com

   >Hi guys, Has anyone ever had a problem with their dimmer switch? Can
they
 >short out internally?

  Normally the contacts oxidize and get dirty over time if they are not
switched frequently. The oxidized contacts do not make a good contact
and the other beam does not come on because of an open circuit. Working
the switch will usually get it to work after a while. Once the contacts
become corroded they can be problematic.

==AM==
And that's exactly what I've gone through with my current Herald (which
I bought from someone who had put 700 miles on it in 13 years).
Occasionally, I'd find myself in "blackout mode" after using the foot
dimmer switch. But more frequent night driving and use of the switch
has just about eliminated that problem in the four years since I bought
the car (and put about 26,000 miles on it). ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>
across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

===     http://www.vtr.org