Re: [TR] Non-BLC; Toes in or out?

To: mhooper@digiscreen.ca, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Non-BLC; Toes in or out?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:23:27 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/2006 4:05:10 PM Central Standard Time,
mhooper@digiscreen.ca writes:
> Sorry for the non-LBC post, but this list is quite knowlegable on obscure
> affairs so I thought I'd give it a go. I seized hold of a mahogany dining
> room
> set when an aged relative was fumbling with her oxygen bottle and not
> looking.
> It's got a nice double-pedestal table. Having disassembled the table in the
> dark and scuttled out quickly I wasn't looking at the before-side for long.
> Now that re-assembly time comes, I'm left wondering. This is the type with 3
> feet on each pedestal. Do the toes point out or together? i.e do you have a
> single foot pointing out from each end, or toward each other in the middle?
> I'm pretty certain they point together, but this table (type that stretches
> out to half a block long with slip in leaves in the middle) seems to permit
> either configuration.

Mark, it's your table and you are the one who has to live with it.  It is no
business of ours how you put the legs on.  Just so long as you are happy with
it, it doesn't matter if it is as the factory produced it or not.  And if all
you are concerned about is the resell value then you have picked a poor
investment vehicle.  In the end it's your table so do your own thing and enjoy
it.

Dave

PS: <G>

===     http://www.vtr.org