Re: [TR] Insurance: Not Garage Kept?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Insurance: Not Garage Kept?
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:52:36 -0700
Aldwyn wrote:

> Anyone know of a classic car insurance company that allows for part
> time street parking of the car?
>
> There will be times when I will have the 6 parked on the street
> (covered, of corse!), and all of the companies I have investigated so
> far have all required it to be in a garage.

My 'classic' insurance is thru State Farm... they have an Antique Car
Endorsement that leaves the vehicle's liability under your umbrella (if
you have one).  Fairly liberal mileage & use restriction, agreed value
(you obtain an appraisal up front and can increase the amount over time
w/o additional appraisals) and so far as I recall no requirement to park
it in a garage.

Geo