[TR] O2T: ASAP Oil Changin' 101- GRINDING???

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] O2T: ASAP Oil Changin' 101- GRINDING???
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:25:32 -0400
        On 2nd Thought (O2T),
        Adding an additional washer to the Tecalemit Convention Cannister might
introduce an oil leak.  I had planned to put it right next to the
washered-bolthead.  I sought to use it to cause it to tighten-up 'earlier'.  My
problem had been that although the long bolt is tightend up when installed, the
oil filter cannister continues to rotate and is slightly loose and not making a
seal.

HOW ABOUT CAREFULLY GRINDING OFF 1/8" FROM THE LENGTH OF THE SHANK OF THE BOLT??

===     http://www.vtr.org