[TR] ball joint removal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] ball joint removal
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:48:01 -0400
I believe i asked this question before , but I can't find the answer now.
I think someone mentioned using two screw drivers.  I can't seem to get enough
leverage on them; also I don't think they are strong enough.

The book calls for a special tool that looks like a big fork; which I don't
have.

i have removed the shock since I am putting polly bushings in.
The bottom of the ball joint has an inset so I tried hitting it with  set
driver and a hammer, no luck.
Its hard to get a good shot at it.  I was told to remove the spring and the
control arm; and I can see that that would give me a much better shot at it;
but I am trying to avoid that.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Al