[TR] TR3A Valve Cover Seal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3A Valve Cover Seal
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:20:34 -0400
Gadfrey.  I should know this.

Rebuilt the engine and it runs like a top.  Only trouble, it has a big seep
from the valve cover gasket.  I tried Justin's silicone gasket, but it seems
to be too long to fit the cover, and it seeps.  I tried the cork gasket
installed dry, and it seeps, but I've shrunk from the notion of putting gasket
sealer down because pulling the cover to adjust the valves could wind up with
bits of cork finding their way into the lifter holes.

And I haven't even switched to multi-viscosity synthetic oil yet!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire (Top down so it's summer til it snows.)

===     http://www.vtr.org