[TR] Float settings

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Float settings
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:01:33 -0400
The Haynes manuals (both the carb manual and the generic maintenance manual)
both state that the floats should be set to the exact same measurement. Why?
What difference does it make? Isn't the important thing that the float shuts
off the flow of fuel so as to not overfill/flood the carbs? I just ran into
an issue with the floats being set exactly the same but one wasnt shutting
off the needle valve completely. Once I fixed that, the "measurements" were
a little different but fuel flow was stopped. I'm a carb newbie so ....be
gentle!

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org