RE: [TR] Re: TR6 light switch

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: TR6 light switch
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:53:31 -0700
> Any one know if the light switch on the 72 TR6 is the same as on the 4A.

Sorry, I don't.  I seem to have the same switch listed as a replacement for both
of them, but it looks like there is some difference in the original switches.

> Mine died last night. No marker or headlights but the high beam
> flasher works. Any possibility this is a loose wire?

The flash function is powered through an entirely separate path, so it's
certainly possible it's a loose wire.  Why they did it that way escapes me, but
according to the factory wiring diagram, the flash function runs off the "green"
circuit, meaning it will only work when the key is on.  All the other functions
run off the "brown" circuit, so work without the key.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org