RE: [TR] Apple Hydraulics question

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Apple Hydraulics question
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:20:44 -0400
>As I understand it, Lockheed did at one time recommend against using
>silicone fluid.  Then the US military specified that all of their vehicles
>_would_ use silicone, and Lockheed suddenly decided it was just fine (their
>aircraft use it today)

Randall:

Lockheed brakes and Lockheed Aircraft are different companies, although I
think their founders were brothers (spelled Loughead and pronounced
Lockheed, they adopted the phoenetic spelling).

Anyway, I have to call you on this one. I really doubt that Lockheed uses
silicon brake fluid in their aircraft. Mil-H-5606 or Skydrol is my guess.

John H.

===     http://www.vtr.org