RE: [TR] Uphostery snaps and tool question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Uphostery snaps and tool question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:04:22 -0700
> Keep an eye out for the "baby" tenax fasteners, they're supposedly as
> rare as hen's teeth, though I see where TRF has just started to offer
> them. These are the little fasteners atop the windscreen of TR3s, at
> least... I know I need a few!

Nope, the Tenax fasteners on a TR3/A/B are NOT the "baby" variety.  "Baby" Tenax
were only used on the first few thousand TR2s.  The "full size" Tenax used on
later TR2-TR3B are readily available from the usual suspects.

551683  T23 FEMALE FASTENER,TENAX   $5.95
553827  T3 PEG,TENAX,W/S              $3.95
SLP213  T23 PEG,TENAX,WOOD SCREW        $0.79
SLP214  T23 PEG,TENAX,MACHINE SCREW $0.79

Long as you're watching for hen's teeth, look for the Tenax stud for the
aluminum alloy windshield surrounds.  These come in two halves, with a special
nut that screws in from the other side (since apparently the alloy will not hold
threads).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org