[TR] TR6 ignition switch assembly removal help needed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 ignition switch assembly removal help needed
From: "Keith Ehrlich" <kehrlich@syntapharma.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:44:29 -0400
Folks-

Need your help. I have to replace the ignition switch/lockout assembly
on my 74TR6 as the innards disintegrated last Friday. (First tow in 10
years)

I have the dash out and have access to the clamps but I have no idea how
to remove  the "bolts" off the clamps. They have no head or screw slot
and no visible means to unscrew them. I am nearly positive this is the
original unit. Does anyone have any idea how to get these out, or if
there is some sort of special tool to remove them? This car is going
nowhere till I figure this out.

Thanks

Keith

===     http://www.vtr.org