[TR] RE: tr2 engine problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] RE: tr2 engine problems
From: tr1414@aol.com
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:56:29 -0400
|Although that shouldn't be a problem, I'm curious why 8 degrees when the spec
|is
|4, and how you measured the 8 degrees.

the car is a local British mechanic shop and i go over there to work on it.  We
used a static light to set the timing and he suggested to set it at 8 degrees.

|Have the jets and needles been replaced ?  If you lift the carb pistons to the
|top, do they fall quickly and smoothly, landing with a distinct click ?

the jets were replace but the needle were not.  the jets were difficult to
center but i did get it to center in the end and so the pistons to move up and
down smoothly with that nice click. How ever the float bowl shut off arms had
to be bent much further down to stop the gas seeping in to the carbs after shut
down.

 It does not seem to idle very smoothly either, the tack is being rebuilt so i
don't know what rpms it is idling at.  I will check the advance and spark
scatter.

the car boils over after it is shut down and pours out maybe a quart of liquid
if i drive it around of 10 to 15 mins.  thanks for the help.

travis

===     http://www.vtr.org