[TR] Best and Worst cars owned

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Best and Worst cars owned
From: "Mike Barron" <mbarron37@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:59:34 -0500
Emerging from lurkism, here is my story.

Best Car- 1971 Volvo 164, dark gray leather interior, blueish body, straight
six, drove like James Bond and never, ever gave any trouble.  No AC though, so
we sold it when first child came.  Man, I loved that car.

After about 7 years of owning (sigh) fords, etc we then got:

Worst Car- 1978 Volvo 264, V6 engine, green with cloth interior.  In the two
years we owned it, we lost a tranny, distributor, various electrical due to
location on top of fender well gathering rain, and many items I cannot even
remember.  As a side note, we were at the time living in rural Missouri, an
area which contained a large population of individuals who got special
pleasure of laughing at the car, and the idea that this transplanted city boy
would have the cheek to own a "valve-o" (as they were want to call it).

After that, I never owned a "valve-o" again, and always gritted my teeth when
their commercials about reliability came on the tube.

Mike Barron CPM GRI
166 Beach Drive
Lake Tapawingo, MO 64015
816 229 5194