Re: [TR] TR3B Compression Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3B Compression Problem
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 22:01:09 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/2006 1:36:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Dave1massey@cs.com writes:

That's  the real fun of these cars, the driving.  Do a leak down test and if
it is a burnt valve, drive it as is.  I drove my MGB in college for a  year
with
a burnt valve, no worries.  The TR3 is hearty enough to do  well with only
three cylinders.  ;-)

==AM==
My dad and I ran his Herald 1200 convertible for probably at least two  years
on what I suspect was a burned valve...without incident or further damage.
There was no question that SOMETHING was wrong in the #2 cylinder, as pulling
the plug lead made no difference.

That car has been sitting in storage for decades now; sometime soon I hope
to start restoring it. Maybe I'll check out the problem then.... ;-)

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org