Re: [TR] TR6 wiring problem

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 wiring problem
From: "Ian Viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:16:06 +0100
You may remember my request for guidance in solving non operational turn
indicator lights on the right hand side of my TR6.  Well, tonight it was
solved .... after checking all earths and live connections I still couldn't
locate the fault. There was power to the switch too. But there were sparks
when I disconnected and re-connected the wires under the dash. This
suggested that there could be a short circuit somewhere. So I disconnected
the three right hand indicator lights and re-connected the rear one - that
one worked; then I connected the front one too - they both worked.  When I
re-connected the repeater on the wing they all stopped working. Then I
undbolted the repeater housing to look for a short - on peeling back the
rubber housing to reveal the wires .... the black wire was connected to the
bulb and the green wire to earth!! Quality control seemed to have failed
during the manufacture of the repro repeater unit - or perhaps the operative
concerned is colour blind?

Regards,
Ian Viles

===     http://www.vtr.org