RE: [TR] TR2 doorcaps pads

To: scherer_william@hotmail.com,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR2 doorcaps pads
From: Mark Macy <pmmacy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 04:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bill:
    The diameter of the door cap filler strip currently sold by Moss is much
too large.  I've notified my sales rep, and he confirmed that what they are
selling is of a much larger diameter than their original sample piece.  I doubt
that they will quit shipping what's in stock though.
    TRF has a correct diameter rubber filler strip, but it's very expensive.
You can use ordinary 5/8" heater hose for a substantial savings, but be sure to
cover the hose  with a very thin layer of cotton padding (before the vinyl or
leather) as the originals were, or you'll see the seam between the rubber
filler material and the aluminum (TR2/3) capping base.  (The capping base for
the TR3A/B is steel, with round "washers" at each end to hold the chrome
finisher button.)

  Mark Macy
  New Carlisle, Ohio
  www.macysgarage.com