RE: [TR] Why no oil pressure?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Why no oil pressure?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:33:41 -0800
> I hope no damage was done in 30 sec to 1 minute of cranking my
> newly rebuilt
> motor (w/ the plugs out).

Not likely.

>  Oil kept coming out, but I'm not sure
> from where
> (besides the valve cover).
> I did this in hopes that the oil pressure gauge would give me a good
> reading, but instead, it read 0 psi for the entire time I was
> cranking the
> motor.

Are you sure the gauge is properly connected to the motor ?  Got the right
washer between the banjo and the oil filter head ?  There are two different
washers there ...

If there was oil coming out of the rockers, then the engine had at least
some oil pressure.  If nothing showed on the gauge, I would guess that
either the gauge is not connected, the line is blocked somehow, or the gauge
itself is bad.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org