Re: TR3 engine rebuild (holed piston)

To: justbrits@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 engine rebuild (holed piston)
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:54:19 EST
In a message dated 3/9/2006 6:25:11 PM Central Standard Time,
justbrits@comcast.net writes:
> Chris said:
>
> <quote>
> I'm also wondering where all those pieces of the piston top wound
> up...and I figure the answer can't be good...
> </quote>
>
> And then Dave said:
>
> <quote>
> (assuming the cam bearings are not toast).
> </quote>
>
> And Chris ALSO said:
>
> <quote>
> or should I pull the motor and change out the mains and all the
> rest of it, a full rebuild.
> </quote>
>
> For MY $s, 'nough said.  I would do it ONCE (and RIGHT)!
>
> Ed

You know what your problem is, Ed?  You're a bloody perfectinosit!  <G>

Sure, if you want it perfect you have to pull the engine and hot tank the
block and align bore the mains and fit new cam bearings and have them align
bored, yada yada yada.  But swapping in new pistons and sleeves and bearings
will
give you 20 years of happy driving given the amount of driving these cars
typically get.  Well worth the investment.

Cheers

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org