Waiting in the twilight, oh gloom

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> k27LCKcp014529
Subject: Waiting in the twilight, oh gloom
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:10:47 -0500
In case nobody has noticed, I pride myself on the titles of my posts...
(Too many years building advertising systems I suppose.)

My TR6 is in the shop having the transmission swapped. While it's there
I'd thought of indulging my laziness and having the rear hubs swapped
too, even though it's a job that I can do myself in about 30-40 minutes
a side. So I ordered a pair of rebuilt rear hub assemblies on the TRF
winter sale a couple of weeks back. Today arrived the dreaded
"back-ordered" notice.

Is there a standard prediction of how long this generally lasts? Will
the car still be at the garage (2 weeks) when the parts arrive, or is
this a question of months? The price seemed better than VB (although it
was higher) because it included the universal joints. However, it's no
deal if the parts don't arrive. I suppose, in my innocence, I should
call TRF and inquire, but I grow weary of the sound of laughter.

===     http://www.vtr.org